Ceramopolis on Facebook
You are at our BLOG Home Page
Comments and Feedback are more than welcome. You can also share photos from your collection or write a part for the site/blog.
Contact us at: email@example.com
- Pottery Stories
Our Passion for … Ceramopolis
Our Goal is to create an e-museum for all:
- Islamic (Iznik, Kutahya, Canakkale, Persian)
- Italian (Pre/Post 1600, Urbino, Faenza, Napoli, Pesaro, Apuglia, Cerreto, Savona, Bassano)
- Greek (Skyros, Samos, Attica, Rhodos, ICARO & IKAROS, Mytilini, Creta, Philhellenique, Greek Ceramists)
- French (Nevers, Moustiers, Rouen, Louneville, Patronymique, Revolutionnaire, French Ceramists)
- China (Kraak, Imari)
- Holland (Delft), Spanich, Balkans among others and this is the beginning. Let's fly together..
Category Archives: Napoli
A Naples maiolica dish, decorated in blue, green, yellow and manganese with a ship under full sail. The border with a stylized garland of flowers between wavy lines. The ship is probably a caravel carrying three masts with lateen sails … Continue reading
Large hand painted plate from Naples region (late 19th c.). A fortified farmhouse (masseria) with a watch-tower in the centre and a continuous meander on the rim. The fortification of Italian farmhouses was necessary for the protection of crops and … Continue reading