Ceramopolis on Facebook
You are at our BLOG Home Page
Comments and Feedback are more than welcome. You can also share photos from your collection or write a part for the site/blog.
Contact us at: email@example.com
- Pottery Stories
Our Passion for … Ceramopolis
Our Goal is to create an e-museum for all:
- Islamic (Iznik, Kutahya, Canakkale, Persian)
- Italian (Pre/Post 1600, Urbino, Faenza, Napoli, Pesaro, Apuglia, Cerreto, Savona, Bassano)
- Greek (Skyros, Samos, Attica, Rhodos, ICARO & IKAROS, Mytilini, Creta, Philhellenique, Greek Ceramists)
- French (Nevers, Moustiers, Rouen, Louneville, Patronymique, Revolutionnaire, French Ceramists)
- China (Kraak, Imari)
- Holland (Delft), Spanich, Balkans among others and this is the beginning. Let's fly together..
Category Archives: Italian Pre 1600
Some of the earliest jugs and bowls of that period were made in Orvieto (Umbria), Perugia and Tuscany, especially Florence that as a great mercantile centre of Italy was open to influences imported from Spain, Low Countries and the Orient. … Continue reading
Plate from Urbino dated and signed by Francesco Xanto Avelli da Rovigo, 1532. The scene represents Phaethon’s sisters (the Heliads) being changed into elms and his friend Cygnus into a swan. The shield of Pucci of Florence in the center … Continue reading