Ceramopolis on Facebook
You are at our BLOG Home Page
Comments and Feedback are more than welcome. You can also share photos from your collection or write a part for the site/blog.
Contact us at: email@example.com
- Pottery Stories
Our Passion for … Ceramopolis
Our Goal is to create an e-museum for all:
- Islamic (Iznik, Kutahya, Canakkale, Persian)
- Italian (Pre/Post 1600, Urbino, Faenza, Napoli, Pesaro, Apuglia, Cerreto, Savona, Bassano)
- Greek (Skyros, Samos, Attica, Rhodos, ICARO & IKAROS, Mytilini, Creta, Philhellenique, Greek Ceramists)
- French (Nevers, Moustiers, Rouen, Louneville, Patronymique, Revolutionnaire, French Ceramists)
- China (Kraak, Imari)
- Holland (Delft), Spanich, Balkans among others and this is the beginning. Let's fly together..
2. Canakkale Jug – Horse Head
The name is Turkish, Canak Kale (two words) and means the castle of pots. People in the area, Turkish, Greek, Jew or Armenian used the name Canakkale, all but the educated Greeks that used the name Dardanelles.