Ceramopolis on Facebook
You are at our BLOG Home Page
Comments and Feedback are more than welcome. You can also share photos from your collection or write a part for the site/blog.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pottery Stories
Our Passion for … Ceramopolis
Our Goal is to create an e-museum for all:
- Islamic (Iznik, Kutahya, Canakkale, Persian)
- Italian (Pre/Post 1600, Urbino, Faenza, Napoli, Pesaro, Apuglia, Cerreto, Savona, Bassano)
- Greek (Skyros, Samos, Attica, Rhodos, ICARO & IKAROS, Mytilini, Creta, Philhellenique, Greek Ceramists)
- French (Nevers, Moustiers, Rouen, Louneville, Patronymique, Revolutionnaire, French Ceramists)
- China (Kraak, Imari)
- Holland (Delft), Spanich, Balkans among others and this is the beginning. Let's fly together..
12. Iznik – The Glory of the Ottoman Pottery
From the late 15th century, the city of Iznik (Byzantine Nicaea) became the most important provider of luxurious ceramic vessels and impressive tile themes made for the court, mosques, palaces and the prosperous class of the Ottoman Empire.