Ceramopolis on Facebook
You are at our BLOG Home Page
Comments and Feedback are more than welcome. You can also share photos from your collection or write a part for the site/blog.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pottery Stories
Our Passion for … Ceramopolis
Our Goal is to create an e-museum for all:
- Islamic (Iznik, Kutahya, Canakkale, Persian)
- Italian (Pre/Post 1600, Urbino, Faenza, Napoli, Pesaro, Apuglia, Cerreto, Savona, Bassano)
- Greek (Skyros, Samos, Attica, Rhodos, ICARO & IKAROS, Mytilini, Creta, Philhellenique, Greek Ceramists)
- French (Nevers, Moustiers, Rouen, Louneville, Patronymique, Revolutionnaire, French Ceramists)
- China (Kraak, Imari)
- Holland (Delft), Spanich, Balkans among others and this is the beginning. Let's fly together..
Tag Archives: grottaglie
Jug from Grottaglie (province of Taranto, Puglia, southern Italy). The front is painted with a rooster between two trees (typical background for Grottaglie’s painted ceramics). The ceramic production has represented the wealth of the town for centuries. The numerous ceramic … Continue reading
Jug from Grottaglie (region of Puglia), with a distinctive painting of a Masseria, a traditional fortified farmhouse commonly found in southern Italy and particularly Puglia and Sicily. Masserias belonged to large estates and provided protection to farm workers and crops … Continue reading